Facebook Page
Old Time Trains

Toronto Transportation Commission

Peter Witt 2876 Fort route to St.Clair Avenue. Bathurst Street at King Street West. 8/1961 Paul McGrane Collection

Articles 1921 and 1922.

Beginning of the TTC. Why it was formed and its predecessors.

Yonge Street extension replacing service formerly operated by
Toronto & York Radial Railway - Metropolitan Division
See also North Yonge Railways below

Eglinton Car House new facility due to above extension. 1922

Hillcrest shops 1923

Track construction and rehabilitation across the system

New streetcars and trailers. 1921-1922

Articles 1921 and 1922.

Early bus and trackless trolley bus vehicles and operations.

Route 1 Humberside showing TTC doubledecker buses 1923.


September 8, 1928

Shows extension of Dovercourt route to Prescott Loop.
Includes Caledonia Loop for Bay & St.Clair cars.
Also; Jane bus to Townsley Loop

Note CNR & CPR tracks at level crossings prevented cars running across
necessitating people having to walk between both loops.


York Township Railways

Operated by TTC

Street scenes in early years.

Level Crossings and Grade Separations

Junction TTC takes over from private operators in West Toronto which results in major trackwork.

Junction in later years. also Runnymede Loop.

Keele Street showing scenes in the Junction over the years including early White bus.

Front and Spadina TTC track work and new Spadina Avenue bridge. Opened May 23, 1927.

North Yonge Railways radial line (part of old Metropolitan Ry.) operated on behalf of Richmond Hill and three townships.

St. Clair Avenue West Between Keele Street and Caledonia Road. Two railway level crossings breakup TTC streetcars.

Yonge Subway construction and opening of Canada's first subway


See also: Toronto Street Scenes index




Work equipment

Buses: Early

Part of a group of 87 obsolete Toronto Ry. streetcars not kept by TTC sent as housing after major fire in Haileybury in 1922.

Back (Use your browser Back button)

Old Time Trains © 2009 2014 2015 2017