A Photo Essay by Carl Morrison, Carl@TrainWeb.com
October 16, 2011
Between La Plata and Macon, MO, on
Hwy. 63 is a turnoff to Atlanta. We drove through town quickly,
but saw an abandoned house we thought photogenic. I took some HDR
photos of the house.
Old House in the 100 S. East Street, Atlanta, MO 63530
As we were photographing the old
house, Kelly Whitley of 119. S. East St. came out and asked if we
needed any help. We didn't, but had a good time talking with
Kelly, who works for the Missouri Department of Transportation.
He brought out some of his art pieces and I especially liked his
drawings of Owls.
We spent a short time in Atlanta, MO, but had a good time during our time there.
Kelly's contact info. (660) 239-4214
Next Page, or
Click the Chapter below that you want to skip to.
0. Table of Contents |
1. Depot Inn & Suites, La Plata, MO |
2. Amtrak Station, La Plata, MO |
3. Silver Rails Gallery and Memorial Library |
4. Chris Guenzler Millionth Mile Lookout at the Depot Inn & Suites |
5. Amish Country west of La Plata on Hwy. 156 |
6. Downtown La Plata, Missouri, Including Santa Fe Espresso, Grandma's Home Cookin', City Hall and other photo ops in town. |
7. Silver Rails Event Center |
8. Atlanta, Missouri |
9. West Winery, Macon, Missouri |
10. Columbia Star Dinner Train, Columbia, Missouri |
11. Locust Creek Covered Bridge State Historic Site and Danube Dr. Barn |
[ Top of This Page
| Rail Travel Writing and Photography Workshop
| Other Rail Reports by Carl Morrison
| Silver Rails Country.com