TrainWeb.org Facebook Page
Old Time Trains


CPR Stations on Other Divisions in Ontario

Algoma District

Sudbury Division

7094 MLW S-2 sitting at Sault Ste Marie station. June 1978 Paul H. Oliver Jr.

Britt 1983 Jeff Henricks Recently acquired for preservation.

Parry Sound 1983 Note the VIA sign for Canadian. Jeff Henricks
The Town of Parry Sound acquired the station and land in 1997.
Restoration began, and in 2001 it opened as the
Parry Sound Station Gallery, containing art studios and galleries.

Two views of Sudbury station 1983. Jeff Henricks

Sudbury looked a lot busier back on Sunday August 20, 1967 at 8.00 a.m. as 7092 (MLW S2 #75867 3/1949)
switches cars off #15 the Toronto section of the Expo Limited, onto #5 from Montreal for Vancouver.Ted Wickson
(It only operated one season from April 30 to October 28,1967 to serve Expo 67 in Montreal.)

North Bay built 1903. No longer owned. 2003 Jeff Henricks

Mattawa 2003 Jeff Henricks


Schreiber Division

Chapleau back in 1943, note the lunch room sign. Collection of Jeff Henricks


Quebec District

Smiths Falls Division

Smiths Falls roundhouse

Smiths Falls 1984 Jeff Henricks

Carleton Place 1984 Jeff Henricks

In use as a day care centre.

 


Ottawa

Union Station, Ottawa
CPR Broad Street Station, in use 1900-1920.

 

Union Station under construction.

1950's view of station area. Check out all those "old" cars!

Canadian Pacific Express

Yard alongside the Rideau canal.


New Ottawa Station 1966


Montreal Division

Caledonia Springs, Ontario Mileage 41.7 M & O Subdivision. 1935
Library and Archives Canada PA-021498

Caledonia Springs was once the site of a famous hotel and spa first built in 1835 long before the railway. It was acquired in the early 1900's by the CPR and later closed in 1915. There was also a bottling plant for Adanac ginger ale, bottles of which were sold on CPR trains by news agents. Eventually, Adanac was sold in 1940 to Canada Dry.

 


 

Stations in Quebec



Back (Use your browser Back button)

Old Time Trains © 2009 2014 2016