In 2011 Mike Lynch, ASRA Supt, realized 2012 would be the 100th Birthday of the Mountain Quarries
Railroad that had once ran through the canyon he overlooks from his office. Wanting to commemorate the event and the history
of the line, Mike put together a committee to come up with events and presentations to coincide with the anniversary.
1. Poster for the 2012 American River Confluence Festival features the Mountain Quarries RR Bridge and train.
2. Locomotive #202 was displayed at the festival with new temporary vinyl lettering applied. (Mike Lynch image)
3. Foreground of this view shows the souvenir booth while in the background are the remains of Camp Flint on the hill.
4. A flyer about the history of the #202 was available as a free handout at the event.
5. Locomotive #202 on display at Colfax RR Days, Oct. 07, 2012
6. Several members of the Anniversary Committee pose for a photo at Colfax RR Days.
Happy Century, Mountain Quarries Railroad Bridge, Auburn Journal, March 23, 2012
100th Anniversary Grand Finale Flyer (.pdf file)
Vehicle Photo Day Flyer (.pdf file)
In addition to the committee efforts, Archie Warren designed and organized this mural on High Street as a community project in early 2012.
The Mountain Quarries RR Anniversary Committee
- Mike Lynch - CA State Parks Supt. Auburn SRA
- Rodi Lee - CA State Parks
- Hal Hall - Western States Trail Foundation, Placer Co Hist Foundation
- Donna Howell - Placer Co Hist Foundation
- Mike Otten - Placer Co Hist Society
- Melanie Barton - Administrator Placer Co Museums Division
- Mike Holmes - Auburn City Council
- April McDonald - Auburn City Historian
- Dave Allen - Native Sons of the Golden West
- Jerry L Pozo - Native Sons of the Golden West
- Kris Payne - President El Dorado Historical Society
- Terry Cook - ASRA Canyon Keepers
- Jim LoBue - ASRA Canyon Keepers
- Eric Peach - Protect the American River Canyons
- Dan Holsapple - US Bureau of Reclamation
- John Barnhill - Rail Enthusiast
- Ken Yeo - Rail Enthusiast
Auburn State Recreation Area, California State Parks, ASRA Canyon Keepers, Placer Co Hist Foundation, Placer Co Hist Society,
Native Sons of the Golden West, Protect the American River Canyons, City of Auburn, Placer Co Board of Supervisors, Placer Co Museums Dept,
El Dorado Co Board of Supervisors, El Dorado Co Hist Society, US Bureau of Reclamation, Western States Trail Foundation, Western States 100-Mile Endurance Run,
Foothill Rails Website, California RR Museum, Nevada Co Narrow Guage and Trans Museum, Auburn Chamber of Commerce, Sierra Heritage Magazine,
Western Pacific RR Museum, Auburn Arts Commission, Bonitata Boutique Winery, El Dorado Western Railroad, Don Robinson Sand & Gravel, Ron Ludford, Bob Kirtlan,
Gary Hughes, Wendell & Inez Robie Foundation, Gold County Fair, Ty Connors, Brook Rather
This page and underlying code ©2012-2017 Barnhill Web Design unless noted.