TrainWeb.org Facebook Page
WNYRHS CABEESE


Back to Rolling Stock Page

CABEESE

( "A BUNCH OF CABOOSES!" )

NYC #19602

Wood "Transfer" Caboose built in 1896 with Cast Iron Wheels and Friction Bearings, by the New York Central at its East Rochester Car Shop. The caboose saw service mainly on the NYC Lines east of Buffalo. Its end mounted cupola was removed during rebuilding in the 1950's. Fully restored and the interior and exterior were painted in 1994. Stored in Hamburg, New York.

BR&P #283

This center cupola wood caboose was built in 1923 by the Standard Steel Car Co. in Butler, PA. Ex-B&O #C2634, nee-BR&P #283. This caboose saw many years of service on the BR&P Railway and was a regular visitor to the Orchard Park Depot. It was retired by the B&O Railroad in the late seventies. Restoration is on going on the cupola and is on permanent display at the  Orchard Park Depot.

NKP #412

This "High Speed Service" bay window caboose was built in 1956, for the New York, Chicago & St. Louis Railroad, at its Irondale Shops, and spent nearly 30 years in active service. Ex-N&W #557512, nee-NKP #412. Restoration complete in 1993, including "wagon wheel" antenna and is stored in Hamburg, New York.

DL&W #906

Built in 1953 by the Lackawanna Railroads Keyser Valley Shops near Scranton, PA. #906 is one of five remaining cabooses of 60, built on the frame of a locomotive tender by the DL&W. Ex-CR #22010, exx-EL, nee-DL&W #906. Last restoration was completed in 1991 and is stored in Hamburg, New York.

LV #95050

Built in July of 1937 with a center cupola. Ex-CR #18671, nee LV-#95050. Purchased from the Pennsylvania Railroad car shops in Renovo, PA. This unit was never "modernized" and still sports its original tongue & groove interior and waybill rack mounted on the side wall. #95050 was completely restored in 2012 and is on permanent display at the  Williamsville Depot.


N&W #530306

N&W #530306 was built in 1949 by the St. Louis Car Co., Ex-N&W #530306, 1/25/63, nee-Virginian #306 as one of a group of 25, Nos. 300-324. It is now on permanent display at the  Heritage DiscoveRY Center.  and is named the "Paul McGrath".


This page was last updated: May 23rd, 2018

Web Site Hosting by    TRAIN WEB

The WNYRHS, Inc. P.O. Box 416, Buffalo, NY. 14231-0416 is an independent organization and has no affiliation with any other local or national group.
The Society is a fully qualified organization under 501 (C) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and all donations to the Society are tax deductible.
©Copyright 1999 , WNYRHS Inc. all rights reserved

  Web Design & Hosted by  - Scott H.