Esquimalt & Naniamo
Victoria, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Mark S. Horne/R.R.Horne Collection
The large building next to it is The Janion building which in 1895 was bought by the E&N for their offices.
CP 9102 detraining passengers. April 30, 1967. A track also goes to
the left along Store Street.
9024 in old colour scheme and end stripes. c.1963-64 Digital restoration Gordon Kennedy
Northwest corner of Johnson and Store Streets 1942. E&N
9023 (going away) is crossing Johnson Street bridge as it arrives in
Victoria. March 31, 1968
Victoria station in background.
Modern station built in 1985 to historic style by VIA. Now closed. Victoria 2/27/2008
Hydraulic Switcher 15 heads past Capital Iron & Metals along Store
Street while a young boy looks on. July 1965
Same place, different angle, different diesel, different era. 6573
S-3 MLW 82159 4/1957 Victoria c.1970
A crowded scene at the busy little yard in Victoria. To far right is a small portion of the roundhouse. Beyond the turntable is the car shop farther back the stores building and sand tower. Baldwin diesels in middle and at far left is CLC Hydraulic switcher with steam powered auxiliary crane. Work service equipment in between. July 13, 1968
414326 the last operating steam powered auxiliary crane on the entire CPR. July 13, 1968
414326 at work ten days later. July 23, 1968 It has been preserved in BC.
8012-8004-8009 three of the Baldwin 1000 hp road switchers that dieselized
the E&N. Victoria August 30, 1968
Chalkboard in roundhouse used to keep track of diesel maintenance.
Extra 8008 on the Island. 1970 Mac Owen Collection/Joseph Testagrose Collection.
CP Rail era
1208, 8827, 8835
EN 292077 (CP Rail Multimark) 40 foot staggered double door
3895 cu. ft. box (292000-292384 series).
These cars were given E & N reporting marks (which CP had rights to) to better ensure their prompt return to VI for loading of forest products destined to the US. This was to overcome a problem with CP cars being held in the US and reloaded.