2. DRGW #01442 is privately owned and located at the corner of King Rd. and Brennans Rd. in Loomis.
3. Western Pacific caboose #456 on display in Cherokee,CA.
4. Privately owned ex SP caboose in Rescue,CA.
5. Ex SP caboose #1086 in Coulterville,CA.
6. Ex CB&Q caboose, possibly #13765, at Brownsville,CA. (Ken Martin image)
7. ATSF #999280 serves as a video arcade at Midpines,CA KOA.
8. ATSF #999625 sits in downtown Oakhurst,CA.
1. This boxcar is located at the CDF station in Kingsville, near El Dorado, and wears barely discernable markings for US.
2.& 3. UPFE reefers #452115 and 452145 privately owned at a fruit ranch along Hwy 193 between Lincoln,CA and Newcastle,CA.
4. Ex Cotton Belt boxcar #56822 in Coulterville,CA.
5. Privately owned ex SP #119663 on Gold Hill Rd near Newcastle,CA.
6.& 7. Privately owned boxcars at intersection of Mt Vernon & Baxter Grade near Auburn,CA. Image 6 is ex Southern Pacific.
8. Mountain Ranch,CA is home to this reefer.
9. WP grain boxcar #18226 along Lumpkin Rd near Feather Falls,CA.
10. Ex Sierra water tankcar #607 provides a positive stop on a spur at Chinese,CA.
Tank is ex Sierra #106, nee Gulf Refining Co #168. Scrapped May 2008.
11. UPFE reefer #45190 is privately owned in Shingle Springs,CA.
12. Ex WP boxcar #20210 sits behind the fire station in Brownsville,CA.
13. Located at a lumber yard in El Dorado,CA, D & RG #3427 is part of the collection at the El Dorado Co Museum in Placerville.
14. These boxcars are found between Sandy Gulch and West Point,CA on Highway 26.
15.-16. These two boxcars are located on Oak Hill Road in Tiger Lily,CA along with Sac Northern #MW02310.
17. Cool Cave Quarry, in Cool,CA, once served by the Mountain Quarries RR, uses ex Chesapeake & Ohio #194x9 for storage.
18. PFE reefer #13555 at one of the ranches in Camino,CA.
19. PFE reefer #3107 provides storage at a private residence in El Dorado,CA.
20. This car resides just off of Main and Sacramento Streets in Dutch Flat,CA.
1. Loomis station in Loomis,CA. (restored 2008 incl new plaque.)
2. Between Clipper Gap,CA and Applegate,CA lies abandoned Tunnel #0 on the Donner Pass line.
3. Plaque at site of Virginiatown near Newcastle,CA mentions one of California's earliest railroads.
4. & 5. Standard,CA freighthouse. Now a business.
1.- 4. These images are all ex railroad cars used as bridges over Dry Creek along Green Valley Rd.
near Rescue,CA. They are all within a mile from first to last. Image 1 is ex Southern Pacific #96106.
Image 2 is actually two cars side by side. Image 3 is ex "Triple 28" TTX #931068.
5. This railcar bridge over Tennessee Creek in Rescue,CA is near the intersection of Green Valley Rd and Lotus Rd, just downstream from previous four images.
6. Just north of Twin Rocks Rd along Auburn-Folsom Rd, this ex railcar provides a private driveway across Miners Ravine.
Just behind me the Sacramento, Placer & Nevada RR also crossed this creek here.
7. This cut down boxcar serves as a bridge across Miners Ravine along Auburn-Folsom Rd near Eden Roc Rd.
8. Another ex railroad car bridges Miners Ravine across from Twin Rocks Rd and Auburn-Folsom Rd in Granite Bay.
9.- 10. These two ex railroad cars serve as bridges across Greenwood Creek in Greenwood,CA.
11. This cut down boxcar turned bridge provides a private driveway along Gold Hill Rd near Newcastle,CA.
12. Near Newcastle,CA along Hwy 193, Woodlake Ln crosses Dutch Ravine on this old railcar.
13. Ex bulkhead flat SP #508093 has become a bridge over Canyon Creek near Dutch Flat,CA.
14. Half of Triple 53' Long Runner TTEX #354069 has been turned into a bridge along Latrobe Rd south of Latrobe,CA.
15. In a state of disuse, UP flat #215127 provides a crossing over a gully at Pilot Hill,CA.
16. This railroad car turned bridge crosses a creek along Boole Rd in Applegate,CA.
17. This ex railcar spans Rattlesnake Creek along Auburn Rd near Alta Sierra,CA.
18. This ex-railcar bridge is located on the edge of Western Gateway Park in Penn Valley,CA.
19. The location of this former railcar turned bridge is the North Star Mine Powerhouse Museum in Grass Valley,CA.
20. SP #570355 provides a bridge along Boole Road in Applegate,CA.