Most information below comes from publication "Passenger and Freight
Stations" published by "Press of The Delaware and Hudson
Company" from an inspection of the lines between June 7th and June
10th, 1926. Reproduced by the Bridge Line Historical Society (http://www.bridge-line.org
), Fall 1999.
Located at the foot of "Broad
1874 - South end portion was added
Same site as previous Freight house
Was located near Ice House
1885 - Burned down May 25, 1885
Located about one-hundred feet north of the
Passenger Station on the same side of tracks.
1859 - Town originally named
"Blakely" (Captain Johnson Blakely) but was renamed for
D&H forth President George Talbot "Olyphant"