- Mark Mogil of the BSSS (Black Sheep S-Scalers, Gibbstown New
Jersey Area) emailed me some photos of a closed-frog switch made
from S-Helper S-Trax. He made it by combining a piece of curved
S-Trax with a piece of straight S-Trax, and then fabricating a
closed-frog. Mark made this switch (actually 3 of them), working
with supervision from "the wizard" Chick Viggianno of Chick's
Hobby Center in Gibbstown New Jersey.
You can see these photos at
- Mark reports that they successfully ran an engine with scale
wheels pulling cars with high-rail wheels through the switches.
- This is the switch that some of us S-Trax fans wish that
S-Helper would have built, so that we who want to do public
displays, instead of fighting over whether the switches are going
to be scale or hi-rail, can use one closed-frog switch and run
- Please note that Mark and Chick are NOT selling these
switches; rather they are making just a few for their own use.
But I wanted to show you these photos, and I hope you will find
them of interest.
- FYI: The website for Chick's Hobby Center is at
- Jim Ingram