Tacoma Eastern Railway
Tacoma Eastern Railway - TE
- Tacoma Jct - Frederickson - Graham - Park Jct - Morton, WA (66.3 miles)
- Frederickson - Western Jct - Chehalis, WA (54.5 miles)
- Park Jct - National, WA (3.5 miles)
- Tacoma, WA
- Junctions with other railroads:
- BNSF: Centralia and Chehalis, WA
- UP: Tacoma Jct and Centralia, WA
- WTCX: Skookumchuck and Western Jct, WA
- Radio frequencies:
- 160.245, 160.635
- Line built by Tacoma Eastern Railroad Co.
- Came under control of Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul by 1918.
- Sold by Milwaukee Road to Weyerhaueser Co. in 1980.
- Operated by Weyerhaeuser as Chehalis Western Railroad from 1980 to 1992.
- Graham to Mount Rainier portion of the line donated to City of Tacoma in 1990.
- Remainder of trackage (Tacoma to Chehalis) sold to City of Tacoma in 1995.
- TE contract operations of the line started on February 1, 1995.
- TE's contract terminated by City of Tacoma.
- TE ceased operations on November 15, 1998.
- Operations assumed by Tacoma Rail (TMBL) on November 16, 1998.
|Unit ||Bldr. ||Model ||B/D ||B/N ||F/N ||History ||Acq. ||Ret. ||Notes|
|301 ||GE ||45-ton ||7/1941 ||13139 || ||ex CCPR 7356; ex ARR 7356; nee US Army 7356 || || ||to Rabanco (Seattle, WA); to LeMay America's Car Museum (Tacoma,WA)|
|439 ||EMD ||SD9E ||5/1955 ||20214 ||5365-50 ||ex (D)Chrome Crankshaft; ex SP 4439; ex SP 3914; nee SP 5436 ||1995 ||1998 ||to LMLX; to YW/LMLX 439; to WRIX 439; to CBRW/WRIX 439|
Reporting Marks Reference
Return to CLASS III Shortlines
Last updated: May 25, 2015