Goose Lake Railway
Goose Lake Railway - GLRY
- Lakeview, OR - Alturas, CA
- Lakeview, OR
- Junctions with other railroads:
- LRY: Alturas, CA
- Radio frequencies:
- Line originally part of narrow gauge Nevada-California-Oregon Railway.
- Line taken over by Southern Pacific.
- SP filed to abandon the line in March 1985.
- Permission to abandon received in August 1985, but SP continued to operate the line.
- Lake County agreed to purchase the railroad and took possession of it on January 18, 1986.
- Operation of the line was contracted out by Lake County to Great Western Railway.
- Contract with GWR expired in December 1996 and operation of the line, now renamed Lake County Railroad, was taken over by the county.
- Line leased, and operation taken over, by Modoc Northern Railroad on March 18, 2007.
- Lease by Modoc Northern ended 2009. Line operated by Frontier Rail as Lake Railway.
- Lake Railway lost lease of Lakeview,OR to Alturas,CA portion of line; replaced by new operator, Goose Lake Ry.
- Lake County
|Unit ||Bldr. ||Model ||B/N ||F/N ||B/D ||History ||Acq. ||Ret. ||Notes|
|SW 2422 ||EMD ||GP30u ||27209 ||7622-23 ||6/1962 ||ex SW 2422; ex BNSF 2422; ex ATSF 2722; ex ATSF 3222; nee ATSF GP30 1222 ||2017 || |
Reporting Marks Reference
Return to CLASS III Shortlines
Last updated: Oct. 7, 2017