Burlington Northern Santa Fe (Manitoba)
Burlington Northern Santa Fe (Manitoba) - BNML
- Winnipeg - Emerson, MB (66 miles) (via trackage rights over CN)
- Winnipeg, MB
- Junctions with other railroads:
- BNSF: Emerson, MB
- Radio frequencies:
- Midland Railway of Manitoba incorporated in 1903 and built various lines around Winnipeg.
- Operations of the company acquired by Manitoba Great Northern on July 1, 1909.
- Lines sold to City of Winnipeg and thence to CN.
- Name changed to Burlington Northern Manitoba Limited in 1971.
- Name changed to Burlington Northern Santa Fe (Manitoba) in 1999.
- Power now provided by BNSF
|Unit ||Bldr. ||Model ||B/D ||B/N ||F/N ||History ||Acq. ||Ret. ||Notes|
|1 ||GMD ||SW900 ||1956 ||A846 || ||acquired new ||1956 ||1961 ||to BCH 931, 1961; to MacMillan Bloedel 697, 1987; to Pacifica Papers 697, 1998; to NorskeCanada 697, 2001|
|2 ||GMD ||GP9 ||1957 ||A1091 || ||acquired new ||1957 ||1999 ||to BNSF 1685, 1999; to PDC/BNSF 1685, 2010|
Reporting Marks Reference
Return to CLASS III Shortlines
Last updated: Feb. 28, 2016