Facebook Page
Railwayana Collectors' Network - GWR Castle Class Nameplate

HAMPDEN Nameplate


GWR "Castle" class number 5074 DENBIGH CASTLE was built at Swindon in 1938. In 1941 the name was changed to HAMPDEN, after the RAF aircraft of the same name.

5074 was rebuilt with a double chimney in 1961 and withdrawn from service in 1964.

Home page | Next photo | Back to gallery page