WDM1 # 17000, which was received in dilapidated condition couple of years
earlier, is being restored to glory. This loco unfortunately, did not come with
power plant or traction motors.
To understand the efforts needed to restore this loco, please click here to see
the pictures of the same loco when it was received.
Ramgotty is one of the most beautiful and rare steam locomotive. Built in 1862
by Anjubault in Paris, it is the only locomotive in India with outside Gooch
valve gear. Originally 4'-0" gauge with wooden brake blocks, she was named
after Shri Ramgotty Mukherjee, the last General Manager of Nalhati Azimganj
Light Railway. It was re-gauged to 5'-6" in 1892.
Built in 1904 at Mughalpura workshop (now in Pakistan) from kit received from
North British Locomotive Works, UK. This 0-6-2T was used for shunting duty by
Phoenix was built in 1907 as Rail Motor car by Nasmyth & Patricroft in UK
for East Indian Railway. In 1927 coach portion was removed and it was converted
into shunting locomotive (0-4-0WT). Her sister locomotive "Hercules"
is preserved at DLW, Varanasi.
B-26 (0-6-0) was built by Sharp Stewart & Co. in 1870 for hauling passenger
and freight trains by Oudh & Rohilkund Railway. It has two separate whistles
with separate tones.