The original Aldene Station existed
as early as the mid-1890's, "Aldene" being the name
of the section of Roselle Park which the station
served. The station was located along the mainline of the
Central Railroad of New Jersey (CNJ), while the
property it sat upon was owned by the Lehigh Valley Railroad
which ran directly behind the building on an elevated berm.
Other theories suggest that the structure was owned by the
Rahway Valley Railroad (RV). The facts
regarding the station's ownership remains in question, but it was a
scheduled stop along both the CNJ and the RV.
The station was removed from service some time between 1906 and
1915, the Aldene stop was replaced by the second Aldene
Station owned by the CNJ. The old Aldene Station was then
utilized as a church before being taken over by the Marconi
Company of America which used the building for storage and as a laboratory. The
old Aldene Station site was later oblierated by the expanse of the
plant of Romerovski Brothers.