TrainWeb.org Facebook Page
Old Time Trains

 

Canadian National Railways

Ontario stations

See also; CNR Bala Sub. .. CNR Lake Joseph ... CNR Sudbury Sub. ... CNR Northern Ontario

Tillsonburg CASO CNR CPR stations.


 

Angus

Brighton Original GTR station . July 1981 John Vincent

Long-closed it was sold 1993 restored and turned into a privately owned public railway and local museum
Memory Junction
with several pieces of equipment including CNR 2534 (ex GTR 670) 2-8-0.

Closed end of season 2016 . For sale May 2017.

Insulbrick station. Clinton 1972 Two photos Al Howlett

Clinton freight shed.

Dundas 1974

Iron Horse meets horseless carriage jitney at Dundas.

CNR Galt station suitably decorated for the Royal Visit to Canada by the Queen in 1959. W. McIntyre
Check out that Buick!

CNR Guelph 1952 Bud Laws collection

James Street Station (360 James Street North) July 1940 George Harris/Keith Sirman Collection
Note the streetcar tracks (Hamiton Street Railway) on James Street North in foreground.

With declining passenger traffic and the coming of VIA Rail this station located on Hamilton Bay at the far end of the CNR yard in an industrial area and away from the downtown business area was eventually closed February 26, 1993.
It became LIUNA (lee-u-na) Station a banquet hall opening in 2000. There are indications VIA may stop here again.
Read more history. Note: A GO station West Harbour is under construction (2015) nearby at 353 James Street North.

Lindsay

Brakeman giving hand signal preparing to stop opposite blocks of ice on platform.
Another brakeman is about to get off to help load ice for their drinking water in van.
Likewise, blocks of ice go in a special compartment on steam engine tender and a
galvanized water pail sits on top of ice blocks. They better hurry up. Looks like that
engine is fast approaching on track between them! They may want ice too!
John Freyseng/John Cowan Collection

Peterboro John Cowan Collection

Richmond Hill 1955 James V. Salmon Collection

Three views of the former GTR Stouffville Junction station on the CNR Uxbridge Subdivision.
This line was originally the narrow gauge Toronto and Nipissing built in 1871.

West Toronto located north side of Diamond on Old Weston Road between CN Weston Sub. and CPR Mac Tier Sub.
1970 Phil Mason

Wingham 1972 Two photos: Al Howlett

 

 



Back (Use your browser Back button)

Old Time Trains © 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018