TrainWeb.org Facebook Page
Old Time Trains


Canadian National Railways

Roundhouses

Kamloops Three photos 6/12/1980

 

Kamloops station still being used by VIA.


 

Belleville roundhouse still in use. 4566 the lone unit in sight.

Vancouver May 13, 1953 BC Archives

 

All lined up for the Company photographer! Turcot

Busy scene in Montreal (6205 on table) back in 1943. Joseph Testagrose Collection

Capreol

Capreol

Hornpayne station

Hornepayne shops

Hornpayne YMCA

U2 Northern 6124 being lifted and moved by the main travelling crane inside Stratford backshops. Canadian National

Pointe Saint-Charles July 23, 1977 Ron Visockis

Roundhouse soon to be torn down. July 1962 Windsor, Ontario. Bud Laws Collection

CN 7236 SW900 sitting on the turntable at Windsor roundhouse. Across the river is Detroit.
7/07/1982 John Lameck/Sam Beck Collection

Sarnia roundhouse looking west. Note St. Clair Tunnel Co. box cab electrics at far right. Circa 1948
Don Janes Collection

Sarnia roundhouse, same view from coal chutes. 1958. Don Mc.Queen Collection
Note:
Tunnel operation was dieselized in 1958 and all electric locomotives scrapped April 1959.

 

Toronto Locomotive and Car Facilities

Construction began May 17, 1926 and in less than a year it was completed.

Opened February 2, 1927 it was simply known as Spadina and included a 36 stall roundhouse with 100 foot turntable along with a coach yard for 275 passenger cars. With the advent of VIA Rail these facilities were demolished in the 1980's and the area redeveloped with Sky Dome and a number of residential high rise towers.

6752 sits on a Spadina shop track amongst a variety of makes, models and paint schemes including two ONR A units.
Right background is the roundhouse. Left background is TTR John Street tower with its white roof.

Aerial view of Spadina from CN Tower. 8/01/1982 Jack Smith

Water tank and standpipe with 6069 between them. Also, floodlight tower. Spadina (Toronto) 1950's Jim Parker

 

 



Back (Use your browser Back button)

Old Time Trains © 2017