Canadian Pacific Railway
Renamed Waterdown following elimination of Waterdown South at M. 4.6.
Waterdown North in the 1960's. Al Paterson
Long used by W.R.Barnes (sand) for offices. 407 Parkside Drive, Waterdown
W R Barnes has been re-named Barnes Environmental.
Barnes Environmentals roots extend back to 1870 as a supplier of foundry sands and construction aggregates. In the 1940s, the company began recycling damaged septic drain and roofing tiles into products used for building tennis courts. In the 1950s the company began to use refractory brick in products such as ladle gunning mixes for the metal-casting industy. In the 1970s, their recycling was expanded to include sandblasting sands and other refractory products. Fines from the dust collectors of abrasive manufacturers were converted to additives in the cement and brick industry. In the 1980s a larger emphasis was put on the value-added process of recycling industrial minerals and the development of products using these materials. The companys Certificate of Approval from the Government of Ontario authorizes it to handle a wide range of industrial byproducts and hazardous materials. There are only two such licenses in Ontario. BEI manufactures other products such as abrasives, high purity silica sands and bentonite clays. Barnes Environmental International became a division of Stake Technology Ltd. 7/01/1996.
Back (Use your browser Back button)
Old Time Trains © 2009 2018