Facebook Page
Old Time Trains


CPR London Division

Guelph Junction

Map Guelph Junction Yard c.1920

Map Guelph Junction Yard 1981

Map Guelph Junction Yard.


2228 assisting Extra 5370 West in a scenic view passing through Campbellville.
Willa Thomson/Bill Thomson Collection

2228 and 5370 at the Junction. Two scenes: Bill Thomson

Elaborate garden on west side of the station. 1923. CRHA Archives CPR Album

This view looking northwest, after passenger service ended, shows old water tank.
August 1973 William Weber

NOTE: This is the original 1888 station which lasted just over a Century!
It was demolished July 27,1989 to make way for an expansion of the GO Transit yard facilities.

One-of-a-kind engine house, 180 feet long, built in 1927, it had doors at both ends
and held four steam locomotives. Shown here in 1958. Al Paterson

Engine House plan March 1927

AFE January 1, 1922. Not approved for another five years!

Water tank (40,000 gals.) hides behind 100 ton coaling plant. Fall 1958 view. Al Paterson

Plan for original 50 ton coaling plant 1916 and 50 ton additional pocket


Guelph Junction Gallery part 2

Back (Use your browser Back button)


Old Time Trains © 2009 2011 2014 2016