Canadian Pacific Electric Lines
Grand River Railway
Galt, Preston & Hespeler car 51 crossing the Speed river leaving Preston for Hespeler.
Interurban car built by Preston Car & Coach, Preston, Ontario. Rumsey & Co.
Preston and Berlin car on Freeport Bridge, 1905. James Esson
Grand River Ry. car on Speed River bridge, Preston. c.1910. Rumsey & Co.
GP&H and P&B station and car barn, Preston, 1904. Old Time Trains Collection
GP&H Idylwild Park on the Speed River. Opened 1899 closed 1916 Old Time Trains Collection
The Preston & Berlin was leased October 11, 1903 by the Galt, Preston & Hespeler. In 1905 it was extended to Waterloo. January 1, 1908 the GP&H and the P&B were amalgamated and re-named Berlin, Waterloo, Wellesley & Lake Huron. On June 1st it was leased to the CPR for 99 years. July 7, 1914 it was again re-named, this time, Grand River.
Canadian Pacific Staff Bulletin June 1945
Old Time Trains Archives
CP Tracks/Old Time Trains Archives
Here is how the GE 70-tonners might have looked.
On the web, read more at
Old Time Trains © 2003 2014
Back (Use your browser Back button)
Old Time Trains © 2009 2014