GSoF - Announcements, News and Tidbits
ANNOUNCEMENTS, NEWS and TIDBITS
This page contains a log of Announcements, News, Tidbits, Current Events,
etc. Information useful to the operation of the Society is
contributed by members and compiled here.
- April, 2009: More legal action on the red Marietta train car, formerly known
as the ca. 1917 "TUSCARORA CLUB".
- May 10, 2008: First annual National Train Day (In honor of May 10, 1869
Golden Spike ceremony at Promotory, UT.)
- April 11, 2008: ** Congratulations **
To Charlie Mason on receiving
the NMRA "Golden Spike"
Also on his being elected president of our club !!!!!!
- April 2008: Congratulations to Larry Smith on his retirement.
miss him, and Diane, as they move to Kentucky in April.
for our club over the years has been tremendous !
- January 2008: Congratulations to Larry Smith on his receiving the
NMRA Volunteer Achievement Award, his first !
- 10/19/05: Member Phil Stead suggests that every September 27 be set
aside as a holiday called "International Railway Day." (Sept. 27,
for those not Ferroequinologists, was the day in 1825 of the opening
of the Stockton & Darlington Railway.)
- 10/12/2005: Refined, corrected missing data.
- September, 2005: Initial report that the club's webpage has
finally been established!