Canadian Car & Foundry, Montreal, PQ, supplied 100 large Peter Witt cars to the Toronto Transportation Commission in 1921. These cars were numbered 2300-2498 (even). This class of car often pulled a trailer of similar appearance.
Originally a two-man car, 2424 was converted to one-man operation in 1941. It was retired in 1954 when the Yonge Street Subway opened. Rescued from a scrap dealers yard in 1962, 2424 was transported to the O.E.R.H.A.'s Halton County Radial Railway Museum at Milton, Ontario, where it was returned to operating condition.
In 1975, it was loaned to the TTC and used in 'tour-tram' and charter service. During the loan period, 2424 was re-painted in the original scheme of the Toronto Transportation Commission, complete with pin-stripping, and remains painted as such. The car was returned to the museum on September 5, 1990.
2424 is seen here at the Halton County Radial Railway Museum on October 27, 1974 in the Toronto Transit Commission scheme.
The following is a list of large Peter Witt cars that were in the TTC fleet.