Built in 1904, Preston Junction was the point where the cars of the Preston & Berlin Railway met those of the Galt, Preston & Hespeler Street Railway. These two lines were later merged and formed the Grand River Railway. When the Canadian Pacific Transport Company inaugurated bus service in 1925, Preston Junction served as a terminal point where the buses met the trolley cars.
The above postcard picture shows the then new Preston Junction as a bee-hive of activity. The car on the left is sitting on Main Street (later becoming part of King Street) on the Galt, Preston & Hespeler Street Railway line. The line extends for another 500 feet or so terminating in front of the Del Monte Hotel. The second car from the left has either just arrived from Berlin or is in service between Preston and Hespeler. The third car from the left is heading for Berlin as evidenced by the position of the raised pole and the track it is occupying. The car on the right, most likely not in service, is sitting on a shop track lead. The tall stack is that of the electric lines power house, the roof of which can be seen between the stack and the Preston Junction station.
Preston Junction Station remained in public use until Canadian Pacific Transport bus service was terminated. After that it continued to be used as a freight crew office. It was demolished in the mid-1970's.