The purposes for which the Ann Arbor Railroad Technical & Historical
Association (AARRT&HA) is incorporated are:
- To engage in the collection and preservation of information, vestige, and
other items of historical or technical interest concerning the Ann Arbor
Railroad, its processors companies and subsidiaries, and all subsequent owners
and/or operators of those properties.
- To engage in research concerning the Ann Arbor Railroad and subsidiaries for
- To maintain an association of persons having an interest in the Ann Arbor
Railroad and subsidiaries.
- To disseminate news, history, and other information about the Ann Arbor
Railroad and subsidiaries through a publication assembled and distributed by the
- Said organization is organized exclusively for charitable, religious,
educational, and scientific purposes, including for such purposes the making of
distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under
Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or corresponding section of any
future federal tax code.